Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Still can't believe I'm pregnant!

I still can't believe the test came out positive. I can't believe it because so many people told me they took a few tries to get it and this was our first proper try. So right now, I'm praying and hoping that the little one sticks around for the next 8-9 months!
I guess we were lucky but I also did try to ensure I was in the best of health before we started. I'd started going to the gym regularly in Sept 07 and by Dec, I was at the gym 4-5 times a week for about an hour or so each time. I was probably at my fittest ever. I fully intend to continue exercising into my pregnancy but I'll have to tone it down due to my pelvic injury.

My whole world has changed. I'm suddenly aware that another life is dependent on me. I've started making changes to my diet, I've started eating more fruits (wasn't too keen on them before), I make sure I get my daily dose of calcium, fresh fruits and veges. I drink lots of fluids and limit my intake of tea and coffee. I've stopped drinking alcohol as well. That's not too hard for me because I was only ever a social drinker and I'm such a light drinker, I can nurse 2 gin and tonics for a whole night out.

I know that at this stage the "baby" is still just an embryo and is about the size of an apple pip (I can't eat apples now thinking about this!) but I've started to visualise a happy and safe pregnancy, a safe labour and a healthy, happy child. I figured it's never too early to start bonding with the baby!
As we haven't picked a name yet for the baby, we've settled on Little Monkey. Hehe. When TM gets up every morning, he'll give me a wake-up kiss and plant a kiss on my tummy for Little Monkey. Isn't that sweet!

No comments: