Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Pregnancy Calendar: I am 5 weeks pregnant

Firstly, let's see how we do the count. By the time most women do their pregnancy tests, they are about 4-6 weeks pregnant. Most women won't be able to tell when CONCEPTION occured but most will likely remember their last period. Therefore, doctors use the date of your last period to count your weeks of pregnancy.
This will give you a gestational period of 40 weeks, with the assumption that you conceived about 2 weeks past your last menstrual period. Therefore, I am 5 weeks pregnant but the fetus is only 3 weeks old. However, do remember these are all assumptions, so don't freak out if the baby decided to pop out at week 38 or wait a while till week 42.

So what's happening in me? Right now, it's not outwardly obvious that I'm pregnant. The only physical change I can clearly see is... bigger boobies! Woohoo! Cleavage! HAHA! They're also a little sensitive, so Top Monkey has to be careful when hugging me.
I'm also feeling more fatigued than usual, just like the books said I would. I simply couldn't keep my eyes open yesterday and just zonked out at 3pm, only to wake up around 5pm. Normally an afternoon nap means I won't be able to sleep at night, but come bedtime at night, I was soundly asleep within 10 minutes.

At this point in time, Little Monkey looks more like a tadpole. Heh. That's a funny thought. I can't believe I started out the same way too! All the major organs have started to develop and the little embyro's heart has already started beating. If I could, I'd have this device put into me so that I can watch it happening week by week.

I've just been given the go-ahead to start light exercise after my pelvic misalignment, so today was my first day back in the gym. I did walking, light cycling plus very light upper body weights. I didn't even manage to wet my gym shirt with sweat because what little sweat I produced was promptly dried off by the gym air-conditioning.

Next up - the check up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am an expectant mother too.. In fact, I am using a pregnancy calendar as well and I am 3 weeks pregnant.

Pregnancy Calculator