Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday 25 March 2008

I love my Mother-in-law!

Right after I posted my last post, the home phone rang. I was surprised because hardly anyone calls that line, most people just call our handphones if they want to reach us. Some people I know don't even have a landline in their house anymore!

I picked up the phone and said, "Hello?" And a beloved voice from across the miles greeted me and I could see her happy smile, "Hello, my beautiful daughter-in-law!" How many MILs greet their DILs that way, eh! I lit up at once, "Hello, Mum!"

TM had called her to say I was being upset and worrying about a miscarriage and she'd called immediately to comfort me and to tell me that I would be fine. She told me she just knew I would have a lovely baby and that I shouldn't worry and put so much stress on me because it would not be good for the baby.
She shared some of her experiences and asked me to be happy, to think happy thoughts and made me promise her that I would be happy and stop brooding. I promised and she then bade me goodbye, telling me again that all will be good.

And you know what? I do feel so much better now, after those calls from TM and from my MIL. Isn't she a lovely woman, I just adore her. She's in her 70s, but you'd never believe it. She's bright, she's got spirit, she's funny as heck, she's compassionate, loving and just so wonderful.

Love you, Mum... thank you for the call, I'm all right now!

No comments: