Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Are chiropractic sessions safe during pregnancy?

Well, I've checked out books and articles on the internet about chiropractic sessions during pregnancy and they all agree it's safe for pregnant AS LONG as you find someone who's qualified to work with pregnant women. I asked my chiro clinic and they've got pregnant women who come in to help them with the back pains that inevitably come with a bulging tummy. In fact, my chiro told me that he used to straighten his wife out when she was pregnant with their child! LOL
Most books actually recommend a chiropractor to relieve back and pelvic pains during pregnancy as the process is gentle and safe. I've had tremendous results at the chiro with my own pelvic pains and I would recommend it to anyone who's suffering.

What worries me is the electrotherapy that is part of my session. These serve to stimulate my muscles in my lower back. I did my research on the Internet and most agree that it should NOT be used on pregnant women. I checked a manufacturer's site and they said while they've not had any adverse results with pregnant women, they too agree that electrotherapy should not be carried out on pregnant women.

*gulp* Have I fried my baby? Oh no. I've got to talk with my chiro tomorrow about this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check out these articles on chiro care: http://www.mytorontochiropractor.com/articles.html