Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday 19 February 2008

Why do I want to be a mum?

I don't know really. It just seemed a natural progression after getting married. That's how life is supposed to be, isn't it? First you date, then you get married, then you have children. So simple.

To be honest, I've never thought about having children. That's because I've never thought about getting married before and I didn't want to be a single mum. Even when I knew I'd met Mr Right, I didn't think much about children. It just gradually crept up on me. I still don't know why I want to be a mum. But I can tell you this - I know I want to be the best mum I can be for our child. I know I won't be perfect but I know I'll try my best to raise her.

What about you? Why are you a mum? Or why do you want to be one? Or are you like me, you don't know why but you know you want to and you know you want to be the best mum you can be?

No comments: