Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday 26 February 2008

How long before I conceive?

This was a conversation TM and I had one night while we were in bed. I'd just spent most of the day working on this blog, reading up articles and reading responses on pregnancy forums from women who were all, like me, trying to conceive.

I'm not young anymore, I'm 33 and I've watched my own friends try a few years before they were finally successful. I'm now wondering if I'm going to be the same.

I've read the articles. They all assure me that even the healthiest of couples can take some time to conceive. Most websites and friends tell me that I should just enjoy it and take it easy. A friend I was talking to today told me that the moment she stopped worrying, she conceived! I appreciate all the advice and the comforting words but all the same, I can't help wondering if I'm going to be lucky or if I'll have to wait a little longer for our Little Monkey to come along.

How long did it take YOU to get lucky?

No comments: