Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday 26 February 2008

Choosing Unique Baby Names

Ok, I do realise this is a little premature but it's so much fun to think of names. TM and I have done it before, usually when we're curled up on the couch after dinner and we're in that cosy mood. We haven't worked out yet if the baby should have a combination of English-Chinese names to reflect her heritage but we've got lots of time yet!

Each time I think of names for Little Monkey, I can't help but think of these fellows...

Unique Name #1: My father once taught a pair of brothers who had the most unusual names. Their surname was See. The elder boy was called See Major... so it made a lot of sense that his younger brother was named See Minor! Dad reckons their father must have been mad on music.
Unique Name #2: Sophia's friend came from a family of 11 siblings and he was the youngest. By the time he was born, his mother must have run out of names because he was named Wong Tee Pot.
Unique Name #3: This was my aunt's childhood friend. Her name, Poh Pai, looked innocent enough on paper but if you say it quickly, you end up saying "Popeye".


So there you go. If you have heard of any unusual names, please let me know!

No comments: