Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday 22 February 2008

Trying to conceive - Feb 08

Ok. This would be our official first try. As mentioned, I'd gone off the Pill in early Dec 07 and when my AF (Aunt Flo as in your monthly visitor, picked up this acronym from Babycenter UK) appeared right on time in Jan 08, I started the calculations.
I used this ovulation calculator from Babycenter UK. I like it because it gives you an estimate of your ovulation days for the next 6 months. That gives me the feeling that it's not just this one time that you've got for a chance to try. It makes me feel like Wow! I've got at least six chances!

So we did the uh, deed on the dates indicated in the calculator. Woohoo! What fun! For all you out there trying to conceive, don't you ever forget to have fun while you're at it! I spent my whole life being told not to have sex. This is the first time everyone's encouraging me to have sex! Groovy, baby!
Right now, I'm just waiting for time to pass before I can check if his "boys" did their job. C'mon boys! Swim! Do a Mark Spitz!

I was in Guardian pharmacy yesterday and saw a home pregnancy test kit. Ooh, how my fingers itched to buy it! Haha! Pregancy test kits are able to detect the human chorionic gonadotrophin hormone (hCG) in your urine about the time your next period is due. hCG is first secreted when the fertilised egg is implanted in your uterus by the cells that will then form the placenta. However, if you test too early (Eager Beaver syndrome), the level of hCG may be too low to give you an accurate answer.
I've got about a week more to wait before I can do a test. In the meantime, I shall get to know the other mums I've met on Babycenter UK and learn as much as I can about pregnancy and motherhood and try NOT to walk into pharmacies.

No comments: