Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday 25 February 2008

Introducing the Top Monkey Family - Mr Top Monkey


Now, this is Mr Top Monkey. TM for short. TM was born in England a long time ago and this pic was taken when he was about 5 years old, I think. According to my MIL, he was a "...beautiful baby!" I agree! TM was brought up in Liverpool but thankfully doesn't talk Scouse or communication would have been a major problem between us.

TM has just been appointed Overlord of Jakarta. Well, not really. He's just been announced as the new head of his Jakarta office, which is why we're moving there soon. I'm going to miss living in KL, I am.

What's life with TM like? Well, life's heavenly so far! TM is one of those men who can actually cook, do the laundry, clean the house and bring you breakfast in bed. The only time he's unbearable is when he insists on playing odd jazz music on the hi-fi. TM is very fond of music and even fonder of his hi-fi system. Being English, TM has some odd habits which I cannot understand. Odd Habit Number One: wearing shoes into the house. Odd habit Number Two: Eating beans on toast and having peas with almost everything.

Why is he called a Top Monkey? Well, when I first moved in, I would get really peeved each time he brushed crumbs off his shirt onto the floor. His reasoning? "Why? We're going to vacuum anyway!" So I started picking the crumbs off him before he could brush it off. One day, Nat Geog showed a docu on monkeys where the monkeys who were on the lower end of the social ladder would groom the alpha monkey in the troop in pretty much the same way. *LIGHTBULB MOMENT* And thus, the Top Monkey was born.

We met end of 2005 at a Liverpool FC match viewing session. Haha. We're both crazy mad Reds, you see. We got engaged at the end of 2006 and married a year later. I never saw him coming, but I'm glad he did. Life's funny sometimes. :))

No comments: