Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Congratulations to M and A for their Big Fat Positive!

I just wanted to post this because I'm so happy for my friend, M. We got to know each other at the last company I worked at before I chucked it all to be a wife and mom-to-be. She's a great person, she's warm, she's funny, she's intelligent... and she'd been trying for so long to get pregnant.

I was one of the lucky ones. I stopped the Pill in Dec last year right after our wedding and found I was pregnant by March. I was disappointed that Aunt Flo made her monthly appearance in January but I found it easier to accept because mentally, I was prepared to try for at least six months before we sought any more medical help. Besides, I knew my body would need time to adjust, so I was prepared to wait.

But I could identify with M's longing to get pregnant and be a mother. I remembered thinking, "I gotta wait for my body to adjust??? Nono!!! I want to get pregnant NOW!" I can just imagine how she must have felt, having tried for years and not been successful despite numerous fertility treatments. It's not just physically exhausting, it also takes its toll on you emotionally. She told me once that she doubted her womanhood with every failure and I can just imagine what her hubby, A, must have felt as well.

Lately, she tried a different fertility treatment. I'll post more about this once I get more details on the procedure in case there's anyone out there who's trying and trying as well and would like to know more about it. To cut a long story short, she got her Big Fat Positive!!! WOOHOO!!!!

I'm so happy for you, M. May this be a sticky... looking forward to sharing mummyhood experiences with you!

For everyone else who's trying and is getting sick and tired... keep positive, don't give up hope. I believe that when the time is right, something will happen.

No comments: