Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday 16 July 2008

Aw... finally a cute picture of Little Monkey!


Everytime I've had 4D scans of our baby boy, he always looks like some alien being in my tummy. This is his first good picture and praise be, he has his Daddy's nose! A nice strong nose, unlike my snubby one. I bet it's going to get squashed and bent all out of shape once he's passed through the birth canal but for the time being, we're celebrating that he has a proper L family nose.

He was fast asleep during the examination and when we tried prodding him, he merely yawned and turned his back to us. You cheeky boy! LOL All is well with the baby, his measurements are spot on for a 23-week-old baby in the womb.

I also checked out the delivery rooms and maternity wards in the hospital. Talking with the nurses there helped reassure me that I was going to be in the hands of people who were competent and knew what they were doing. It also helped to see the er.. battleground, it helped me visualise what things would be like come Nov. They told me that they would also arrange for me to attend breast-feeding and babycare classes and boy, was I super-relieved to hear that because I'm sure I'm going to need lots of help.

I asked for room and delivery charges so that we can plan out our finances for the delivery. We're pretty fortunate that Top Monkey's company will cover the delivery costs up to a certain amount but we'll have to foot the bill first, so it's useful to know what costs are involved. I also checked out registration details for the baby. We'll need to ensure the baby's birth is registered at the British Embassy here in Jakarta within a certain number of days post-delivery and I wanted to make sure I knew what paperwork was required and the fees involved. Here in Indonesia, you normally get an agent to liaise with government agencies for you, especially if you don't speak the language and don't know who to contact. They get everything done without hassle for a fee. It's well worth it, in my opinion.

So 23 weeks on and all is well so far. Phew. I'm glad. And I'm so happy I have a cute picture to stare at for hours on end until my next appointment in August!

2 comments:

FST said...

omg...how cute and how clear the scan is...hez so adoreable!

Mrs Top Monkey said...

It's the fiiiiirst time we've seen him so clearly and we're just delighted. Thank you... I think he's cute too!