Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday 30 April 2008

YES! I'm past my first trimester!

Whoopee!!! I've been waiting and waiting for 12 weeks to come by. I'm just absolutely relieved because now, the risk of miscarriage has now dropped dramatically. Phew.

I haven't been updating for some time now because I've been on the road for a bit. Been off to Jakarta, a two-hour flight from KL, to check on the new house we'll be moving into. I'm pretty pleased we've finally settled that bit of our lives. Top Monkey has been based in the Jakarta office since Jan 08 and has been forced to shuttle back and forth since then. So it's been pretty tiring for him and pretty lonesome for me with him there and me here. I'm relieved we're finally going to make our move official and we can start a new life together there.

So here I am, just past 12 weeks and not looking in the least bit pregnant! I can still fit into my jeans and chinos. Right now I'm sure most people think I'm a lazy bum because I won't lift a finger to help carry anything even though I look fit enough to do it. I know I'm pregnant but it's impossible to tell from just a look.

My morning sickness has just vanished. My huge appetite from about a week ago has also settled down. Having said that, I gobbled up my airplane dinner and about half of Top Monkey's because I was hungry on the flight. Haha.

I feel bouncier now even though I usually lose energy in the afternoons. But it's not as bad as before, I can feel I'm zippier. I've started looking for clothes for when I get more whale-like. Mothercare carries some pretty good nursing and maternity bras, so I'll be coming back in later months to get some. We also took a look at prams and baby clothing... it's so exciting! When my girlfriends had their babies, I had a good time selecting toys and clothes for their kids. But when you're selecting for your own, the good time-ness is just awesome.

I've just taken to sleeping with a pillow to prop up my legs. I find it makes me more comfortable at night. Any pillow will do, just as long as it's firm enough to prop my legs up when I'm sleeping on my side.

We've taken a pic of my belly, so that we can track the progress of the bump. It's in Top Monkey's camera so I'll have to wait for him to come home before I upload it for all to see. I can feel a change in my abdomen... there's clearly my stomach and then my uterus if I press gently on my abdomen. I am soooooooo looking forward to the time when she is big enough to kick!

So that's just a quick update for me... this post is dedicated to PE who asked me "Why no updates?" So here's one, just for you... and may you be sending out good news on a Little J or PE Jr soon! My baby will need a playmate!

2 comments:

Pink Elle said...

Thanks for the update! :) Whoopee! Great to read about Little Monkey's progress again!

Thanks for the dinner and meet up last nite. Hope you have a wonderful time and easy pregnancy in Jakarta.

A playmate?! Erm..bit soon la no?!

Mrs Top Monkey said...

PE: You know... you still look pretty much the same! Only taller! :))
Hehe... you never know when the little ones want to pop up, you can't stop them you know!