Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday 9 April 2008

We've told the boys!

We've finally told the boys about Little Monkey. The boys are Top Monkey's two grown sons from his first marriage, the elder of the two lives and works in Aberdeen and the younger has just found a job in Australia. They are lovely boys, I was very pleased they came for our Dec wedding and spent a beach holiday with us in Phuket in Nov last year because we hardly get to see them and I know for sure Top Monkey regrets not being able to see them as often as he would like.
I'd wanted to wait till the first trimester was over before we told them but it wasn't fair really to not tell them and Top Monkey broke the news yesterday. Both boys seemed happy to hear the news, I am looking forward to seeing them greet their new sibling when she arrives in Nov this year.

I don't know if there is a Chinese term for half-brothers, I've never heard my own cousins refer to their half-brother that way. Anyway, all this half-half thing isn't for me. To me, the boys are family, they will be older brothers to Little Monkey and that's that. But I will kill them if Little Monkey picks up their Scottish accents! :)))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a scottish accent wat, its sexay :P

Mrs Top Monkey said...

pb: Ya... very funny. Even more chicken and duck talk in our family. LOL