Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday 8 April 2008

9 weeks pregnant!

YOWZA!!! I am 9 weeks pregnant! I am not showing in the least bit, so I'm wearing all my jeans while I still can. Tops are a different matter, I tend to buy tops that fit snug and I can't wear most of them now because the boobie cups have runneth over. Time to go shopping!

The morning sickness has stopped (Phew!) and I'm eating the best I ever had in my pregnancy so far. I've discovered the Little Monkey doesn't like sour, tarty stuff and loves Coke and ice cream and chocolate. This is seriously not me because I've never been a Coke, ice cream and chocolate person. It's my hubby who likes that stuff and I told him, "Your child for sure!"
Yesterday, I scoffed a fish curry rice with fried chicken for lunch, followed by tiramisu for tea and amazingly, I still managed to stuff myself with fried beehoon and chicken for dinner. Top Monkey told me tonight after hearing what I've been eating, "Awww... my Little Porker with my Little Monkey...." Oi!!!

My batteries usually run out sometime during mid-day, so I'm careful not to be out and about then or I'll just collapse on a park bench or something. I take a short nap, wake up, play my guitar and sing to the Little One. I know Mozart is supposed to be good for smart babies but I can't abide Mozart so I'm hoping John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band and Sigur Ros have pretty much the same effect.

I'm scheduled for a scan and blood test this Friday, so I'm really looking forward to seeing her again and seeing how she's progressing. I just wish Top Monkey could be here with me but he's hard at work in Jakarta and someone's got to put food on the table. Never mind, once we've finalised our move to Jakarta, he'll be able to come along to every scan.

Bring on Week 10!

No comments: