Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday 28 June 2008

It's a BOY!!!

Little Monkey is a BOY!!!

We've just returned from a holiday in Canada and arrived in Jakarta at 1130pm on Wed night. The first thing I did on Thurs was to call my doc and scheduled an appointment for the very next day. Top Monkey came along as we were quite certain that by now, we should be able to tell whether the little one is a boy or girl.

To our relief, Little Monkey decided to co-operate with the doctor and obligingly turned his body around. So for the first time, we saw his wee wee-wee and yes, it's a boy for sure! I'll post a pic of it later when I've taken a good pic of the scan. It was a big relief for us to see that he's okay after all those long flights he's had to endure across the Pacific and back. Another big relief was that my Triple Screen test results were normal. Phew.

I first started feeling his movements when I was 17 weeks pregnant. I wasn't too sure at first whether it was just gas or him moving but it became quickly became quite clear that it wasn't gas. (Clue: I didn't fart) His movements have been getting stronger over the weeks and right now, I think our Little Monkey possesses a right foot that David Beckham can envy. Ow.

He's got quite a regular wake-sleep pattern. He normally starts stirring at 11am and gives me a couple of nudges to say good morning. After jostling around merrily for a few hours, he'll settle down and go quiet in the afternoon. At night, around 7-8pm, he promptly wakes up again and starts jiggling about. Some of his strongest movements have come around 11pm-midnight and I'm thinking, "Oh no.. you'd better not be up this late when you're out of me!"

He reacts to certain stimuli. Music seems to get him going. I'm not sure if he's hearing it or if he's just sensing the sound waves but each time there's music around, he'll start kicking about. And as if to prove he's a proper lad, he kicked about madly last night while we were watching an E! programme about hot supermodels who made loads of money. Top Monkey said proudly, "Of course he's moving about now, he's a boy!" Hehe.

I'm delighted. I don't have any preference for boys/girls, but it's nice to know what to expect. I know some moms who prefer not to know, I'm just not one of them. I'm happiest most of all to learn that he's safe, he's progressing along nicely and all his vital signs and measurements are within the normal range. That's most important to me: that he comes out safe and healthy. Anything else is a bonus.

Time to go shopping for some blue baby gear!

No comments: